“Numbing vulnerability also dulls our experience of love, joy, belonging, creativity, and empathy. We can’t selectively numb emotion. Numb the dark and you numb the light” – Brene Brown
About Club SÖDA NYC
Club SÖDA NYC (Sober Or Debating Abstinence) is an event series for the "sober curious" from Ruby Warrington and Biet Simkin. A new space to investigate what happens when we re-frame our relationship with alcohol. To remove some of the stigma that exists around sobriety and alcohol abuse.
Like, what if having a "problem" with alcohol, didn't automatically make you an alcoholic? What if it was cooler not to drink? And far from “boring”, what if consciously choosing a more sober life meant feeling “high” more of the time?
Featured on both Well+Good and Mind Body Green as a key wellness trend for 2017, our meet-ups, talks and workshops are a place to ask these questions and more—and to get some new answers when it comes to you and booze.
Club SÖDA NYC could be for you if:
- You drink to feel good, but it often leaves you feeling worse
- You want to drink less, but think this will mean the end of your social life
- You want to drink less, but think this will mean the end of DATING
- You want to cultivate conscious drinking choices
- You want to attend high-end, high-vibe events with likeminded individuals
- You love how good life feels when you don’t drink, and want to connect with other people who’ve discovered this too
- You want to experience getting crazy high on your own supply!
Get details of our next event and sign up below
Disclaimer: Club SÖDA NYC is NOT an addiction recovery program—although it may be a stepping stone to AA for some people. If you think you might need a higher level of support to address a drinking problem that’s negatively impacting your life, or in dealing with any underlying emotional issues that may be part of this, we also have the resources to connect you with people who can help.